Manager Procurement - PTC & CommunicationsTitle: Manager Procurement - PTC & Communications
Location: United States-FL-Jacksonville
Sources materials and/or services to meet CSX operational requirements pertaining to Positive Train Control (PTC) and Communications systems and equipment.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
* Lead the cross-functional sourcing and procurement process (Strategic Sourcing and Supply Process) for PTC and Communications.
* Interface with internal customer to determine requirements and identify suppliers.
* Generate requests for information (RFX) or proposals. Evaluate bids and products to determine best solution for CSX.
* Negotiate contracts with potential suppliers. Shepherd the contract throughout the process.
* Manage purchasing workflow, including purchase orders, invoice discrepancies, and approvals.
* Identify cost reduction opportunities within the corporate environment as well as other business units.
* Identify qualified suppliers and monitor supplier performance.
* Maintain awareness of PTC and Communications technology through proactive market research.
* Serve as subject matter experts on PTC and Communications technology.
* Serve as the primary contact for supplier representatives and manages relationships.
* Ensure contract language is consistent with corporate and legal policy.
* Create and pursue opportunities for process excellence within the PTC environment.
* Manage quality (performance and/or product) and supply issues for PTC and communications equipment.
* Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
* Bachelors or higher degree from an accredited institution required
* 1 or more years of experience in Purchasing/Procurement, Materials/Inventory Management, Finance, Operations, or experience relevant to the focus of this position
Equivalent Minimum Qualifications:
* Associates degree or equivalent credit hours from an accredited institution required
* 3 or more years experience in Purchasing/Procurement or Materials/Inventory Management, Finance, Operations, or experience relevant to the focus of this position
In addition to meeting the above qualifications, any of the following are preferred:
* Masters degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Logistics/Transportation, Operations, or Supply Chain Management
* Certifications/Licenses: Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
Knowledge and Skills:
* Microsoft Office skills
* Negotiation skills
* Communication skills
* Knowledge of purchasing practices using traditional and non-traditional methods
* Ability to build rapport with all levels of management and contract personnel
The CSX Competency Framework is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following competencies: analyze issues and make effective decisions, advance the business, engage, coach, and build a diverse workforce, build partnerships, improve service quality and processes, execute effectively, demonstrate personal leadership, and demonstrate functional and technical agility.
The applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete a background check and physical including a drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position.
* Work inside an office environment.
Safety is a way of life at CSX, encompassing every aspect of company operations. Guided by a policy of ensuring the safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve, CSX works relentlessly to prevent accidents and injuries. Not only is it the right thing to do, but when a company puts safety first, everyone benefits: the employees and their families, the customers, and the communities.
CSX Corporation, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, is a multi-modal freight transportation company serving customers across North America. Through its primary subsidiary, CSX operates the largest railroad in the eastern United States with operations in 23 states, the District of Columbia, and two Canadian provinces. CSX also includes an integrated intermodal company which serves customers with its own truck and terminal operations as well as a dedicated domestic container fleet. Other CSX subsidiaries provide technology and real estate support to the company. These subsidiaries combine to allow CSX to deliver efficient freight alternatives to customers in a variety of industries, including coal, chemicals, automobiles, metals, agricultural and forest products, food and consumer goods.
CSX Transportation (CSXT) is the largest company in the CSX family employing approximately 30,000 management and union employees. CSXT''s primary focus is the operation, maintenance, and management of the largest railroad in the eastern United States.
At CSX two of the company''s core values are People Make The Difference and Safety Is A Way of Life. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible.
CSX is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer that supports diversity in the workplace.