King's Command Foods has opportunities for a Forklift Operator at our Versailles, OH plant. If you are looking to advance your career, join the KCF family where you can be a part of providing quality beef products to over 40 countries around the world. As our Forklift Operator, you will:
- Move controls, levers, and devices to drive industrial forklifts to transport materials between loading, unloading, processing and storage areas.
- Organize and secure materials where bales, boxes, super sacks, pallets, and other materials are stored.
- Perform routine pre and post inspections on forklift equipment to ensure forklift equipment to ensure forklift equipment is operating well.
- Manually load or unload materials onto or off pallets, skids, platforms, or lifting devices.
- Weigh materials or products, and record weight and other production data on tags or labels.
- Complete forklift operator training annually, provided by company.
- Consult and work with managers, supervisors, employees, and equipment manufacturers to coordinate loading and unloading operations.
NOTE: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be able to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Must be able to work in a variety of work temperatures warm, hot, humid, cold, wet or with slippery surfaces at varied heights in and around moving equipment and parts.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.
- Ability to work extended scheduled hours Monday through Saturday with daily overtime. Must be able to work overtime as required. Start times and hours vary based on production needs.
- Must be able to successfully complete trainings:
- Safe Quality Food (SQF).
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Food defense.
- Prior forklift experience in a USDA inspected beef, pork, or poultry facility.
- Prior production experience.
- Work history in the last 12 months.