A leading global provider of print and media solutions, Quad/Graphics is powered by a passion for innovation and the most advanced platform in the industry. Our collaborative team of â€œcan-doâ€ people continually challenge the status quo, creating groundbreaking solutions that push the boundaries of communications.
Quad/Graphics is seeking aÂ Full Time Material Handler for ourÂ MartinsburgÂ plant, located at 871 Baker Road,Â to work in the Inventory Control department.Â Â The Material Handler will be responsible for the loading/unloading of semi-trailers, packaging of finished product, the servicing of production machines and maintaining accurate inventories with the use of an on board PC and RF bar coding system.
- Understands and follows all standard operating and safety procedures.
- Performs all post-skidding operations, which may include: strapping, banding, wrapping, card-boarding, boxing, baling, weighing and compressing
- Safely operates a powered industrial truck to transport product to various departments
- Responsible for the assembly of shipping cartons to include the following operations: taping, stapling, strapping, addressing, shrink-wrapping and banding
- Prepares all paperwork for shipping
- Loads and unloads materials from delivery vehicles using loading ramps and tracks roll stock looking for reject rolls
- Review and/ or complete all material logs and production record paperwork as required
- Maintains battery, oil and tires for forklift and conducts daily pre-shift inspections of equipment for preventative maintenance
- Performs clean-up and waste removal tasks
- Changes out silicone, etch, blanket wash and floor cleaner totes as need and follows all bulk chemical handling policies and procedures
- Coordinates trucking of product with shipping for staging purposes
- Follows all company and OSHA safety regulations and promote safe work habits with peers
- Effective communication between supervisor and incoming/outgoing operator regarding shift expectations
- Assists as needed in the pressroom and other departments
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position also requires the ability to bend and lift 10-15 pounds continuously, ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously. The ability to perform basic math calculations is essential. Good verbal and written comprehension skills a must. Must be able to communicate in English.
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Companyâ€™s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Quad/Graphics is a leading print and marketing services provider focused on helping brand owners market their products, services and content more efficiently and effectively across media channels. The company has approximately 22,500 full-time employees across North America, South America and Europe with 161 facilities locations in 17 countries. With a consultative approach, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad/Graphics creates value for its clients be helping them perform better in today's rapidly changing world through the integration of print products with complementary services to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, create engagement, lift response and increase revenue.