The Warehouse Supervisor guides and controls warehouse activities to ensure accurate storing and distributing of raw materials and finished goods. Supervises timely delivery of merchandise in the amount ordered, while maintaining the security of the warehouse. Provides a safe working environment through compliance of safety programs.
• Coordinates the planning and assignment of work, achieving the most efficient use of personnel and equipment.
• Responsible for maintaining inventory and in helping establish inventory levels based on prior usage and future demand.
• Receives incoming shipments and packages from a variety of carriers and enters information into tracking system for disbursement.
• Inspects incoming deliveries for accuracy and quality based off of the product order and reject any undesirable items.
• Supervises the warehouse, and the inventory held within at all times to ensure security and upkeep.
• Assists in ordering from site vendors by advising the management team what is needed, and sometimes contacting the vendor directly.
• Develops and recommends improvements in current warehouse practices to promote efficiency, faster service, and lower costs.
• Provides for training of warehouse employees and may assist with selection of such employees.
• Uncrates shipments when required and properly disposes of, or stores, containers and packaging as appropriate
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Requires at least 3-5 years of experience in a shipping/receiving supervisor role
• Requires basic mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record
• Must have excellent communications skills both verbal and written
• Must be flexible and able to adjust to variable work demands
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking & standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at ~~~ or connect with us on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter .
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance ordinance.